As a Systems Engineer at Sabanto you will work on our Machine Compatibility team and focus on interfacing our hardware controllers with existing agricultural equipment. You will be responsible for reverse engineering vehicle interfaces and controlling them through a combination of analog signals, mechanical actuators, and/or existing vehicle communication protocols such as CAN and LIN.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Robotics, Agricultural, Software Engineering, or a similar field of study
- 1-4 years of professional experience in Software development.
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficiency with the Linux shell.
- Self-motivated, and able to break down complex open-ended problems into smaller tasks.
- Has an eye for detail and understands the importance of delivering a complete and polished product.
- Be a champion of Engineering best practices.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Familiarity with modern front-end CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with agricultural equipment and practices.
- Experience in C/C++.
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2.
- Proficiency with basic electrical test and measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (LIN, CAN, etc…).
- Familiarity with Risk Assessment processes (FMEA, Risk Matrix, etc)
At Sabanto, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company. We offer competitive benefits including:
- Working on a concept that will forever disrupt the agriculture industry
- The chance to make an immediate impact and do the best work of your life
- Generous vacation and flexible time
- 401k, medical, dental and life
Our Core Values
- Own It – Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar – Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One – Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and customers
- Embrace Curiosity – Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing – Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Farmers – Create solutions where customers, i.e. farmers, win