At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In this role, you will:
- Gain real-world experience on exciting projects by applying standard Engineering techniques and procedures that typically include water and wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater conveyance design
- Work under the guidance and direct supervision of a senior-level Engineer to assist with design calculations, drafting technical reports, preparing project drawings and specifications, performing review and analysis of project sites, water and sewer studies for federal, state, and local municipalities
- Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals’ programs
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate engineering program or closely related field through the summer of 2024
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter with excellent writing, comprehension, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Prefer 3+ years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
- Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
- Preference will be given to local candidates