At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story: https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Wastewater Data Analytics and Process Specialist to join our growing water team.
In the role of Wastewater Data Analytics and Process Specialist, you will get the unique opportunity to work across several disciplines at HDR by applying computer science and engineering principles to solve highly complex issues and develop processes and workflows allowing others to take advantage of the streamlining. This position will require the applicant to work with and lead a successful analytics team by effectively overseeing technical staff, managing resources, strengthening client relationships, work on challenging and rewarding wastewater projects across the country, and develop innovative processes and solutions that best serve our clients. You will be a key member of a data-driven design team focused on advancing the integration of machine learning, predictive analytics, operations, and computational design.
We’ll count on you to:
- Work independently without complete specifications to solve complex problems involving challenging data sets with little to no guidance or direction.
- Collaborate with a team of data/analytics experts and subject matter experts to solve company and client problems using data.
- Continuously learn and develop new skills in data science, data visualization, and predictive modeling, and available data analytical tools.
- Conduct data analysis and predictive modeling using state of the art methodology and algorithms.
- Participate in company initiative focused on treatment plant operations modeling/optimization using algorithms and machine learning.
- Assist with the development of policies and governance with a goal to develop and communicate an institutionalized framework for planning, designing, and deploying machine learning technologies in wastewater operations.
- Assist with developing data visualization, dashboard, and decision support tools.
- Assist compiling and analyzing water and wastewater process related data from clients, projects, and other sources. Assist development of customized tools to manage data from clients, unit process mass balances and outputs from other applications (process simulation/modeling programs such as processSPACE [HDR program], BioWin, GPS-X, Sumo, etc.).
- Assist with evaluation of emerging/embryonic technologies. Develop and implement piloting workplans on such technologies with clients nationwide.
- Assist in preparation of plans and specifications for treatment plant design projects.
- Be active in new business development; engage with our clients to discuss their needs and how HDR can assist them. Identify business opportunities and participate and lead business development efforts.
- Communicate and present analytics results to decision makers, including executive level audience, internal and external to HDR.
- Present at local, regional, national, and international conferences. Be active in appropriate professional organization(s).
- Utilize strong writing and oral skills: the majority of evaluations that HDR performs requires a final report and client presentation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Civil Engineering required. PhD preferred
- Knowledgeable with utilizing concepts in data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for wastewater treatment process planning, design and optimization
- 1+ years’ experience in planning and designing water/wastewater treatment facilities
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of tools for data analytics
- Able to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of a task.
- Able to work as a team player with ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain is desired
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
For more information, click here.