As the VP of Solutions, Financial Services (FS) you are an experienced business leader and influencer and is responsible for the FS vertical’s commercial success. You will develop the FS vertical strategy and define and execute on an operational plan aligning to Workiva’s broader company strategy through matrixed leadership of dedicated functional groups supporting the vertical. Your obsession: strategy, innovation, growth, execution.
- Develop and oversee the execution of quarterly, annual, and multi-year strategic plans designed to grow and scale the Financial Services vertical while remaining aligned with the company’s strategic, financial, and operational objectives.
- Successfully lead a matrix-based cross-functional team of dedicated core team leads, and associated resources that are focused to the solution and plan objectives.
- Ensure overall product and GTM strategies are aligned with customer/market requirements and competitive positioning, supporting customer growth and retention objectives in partnership with product and GTM teams.
- Create, along with R&D (Product & Engineering), an executable roadmap that aligns to the solution strategy and broader platform growth strategy.
- Evaluate and influence key investments in product, marketing, sales, services, partners, and customer success that support the success and growth of the solution.
- Develop KPIs, goals, and targets for functions supporting solution business.
- Collaborate with supporting functional teams to analyze, monitor, forecast and prioritize initiatives in alignment with the Financial Services vertical and overall organizational priorities and strategic plan.
- Develop tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives for the business.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, user requirements, the market, the industry, competition, data (wins, losses, churn, blockers/gaps, success metrics, pricing elasticity, etc.).
- Meet with prospective/existing clients and provide support to the solution sales and success teams.
- Influence & align with the services to define an executable service strategy to ensure quality and timely delivery of implementation services and to meet commercial objectives.
- Influence & align with the customer success team to ensure quality customer support and enablement, and a focus on customer value/experience, retention, and growth.
- Influence & align with the Partner team to define a partner strategy, delivery model, and execution.
- Be an expert in your industry. Represent and promote Financial Services through networking with existing and prospective clients and partners, attending conferences and industry groups, and developing and/or presenting on your industry.
- Engage with senior/executive management in broader organizational strategic planning and budgeting.
- Work collaboratively with the other Solution Owners to identify potential joint GTM and retention initiatives, product roadmap overlap/priorities, delineation of solution offerings and share best practices.
- Working with your FS Solution functional teams, prepare and present a quarterly business review to the Workiva leadership team.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 15+ years of progressive business experience
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver SaaS solutions
- Scaling product portfolio / business units throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Expanding and innovating existing product offerings
- Experience building and executing GTM strategies in the FS industry
- Experience working with partners for GTM and delivery/implementation (desired)
- Strong financial and operational expertise
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking
- Executive level communication and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate, and drive results
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and resolve conflicts
- Familiarity with digital transformation of finance and the technology landscape within FS
- Deep understanding of and practical experience in global regulations within FS and the impact on reporting requirements and business processes
- Knowledge of trends in global FS industry
- Flexible up to 30%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $235,000 to $310,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.