Workiva is modernizing how people work across thousands of organizations around the globe. Founded in 2008, our Workiva platform caught on like wildfire. Our customers love the platform because we deliver a product that they want and need, that allows them to collaborate with control and accountability. The Workiva Platform gives them the same features at work—speed, access, and sharing—that they use at home. Even though our platform feels like a familiar consumer application to our users, it is powered by one of the fastest, safest, and most sophisticated data management engines available today.
The VP of User Experience is a leader of leaders who is experienced managing global design teams to produce world class applications. This role reports to our Head of Product. The VP of UX will lead a 30+ team of designers, researchers, and writers who work in partnership with product and technology teams. At Workiva, UX is centralized and supports all our product lines — thus UX is responsible for ensuring the consistent, coherent experience for our customers. The VP of UX sets the strategic vision and goals for the UX Directors and Managers, translating business context and goals into a UX action plan. We are looking for strong people management, operations experience, high business acumen, and financial oversight skills.
What you’ll do
• Translate company strategy to operational goals and metrics for the team that serve to align and motivate employee performance. Align with other teams and departments to analyze, monitor, forecast, and prioritize initiatives in accordance with organizational priorities and strategic plan.
• Build a strong, sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals. Create 3-5 year scaling strategy that ensures sufficient resources and staffing levels to support business needs.
• Provides leaders with coaching on their design decisions, people management, and communication skills. Give feedback in a constructive and effective way. Provide developmental opportunities including leadership development to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance.
• Workiva is committed to executives that embody and model “Servant Leadership” qualities. We expect executives to create an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision.
• Establish and maintains relationships and effectively communicate with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility of UX and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders.
• Work with design leaders on a strategy to establish guidelines, principles, and standards to ensure design alignment across teams for a consistent user experience.
• Work with Research Director to establish comprehensive research strategy, including evaluation of methodologies and process for ensuring that insights are usable and communicated to impact design decisions. Ensure alignment in approach and effective communication across product teams.
What you’ll need
- B.A./B.S. degree in human-computer interaction, psychology, computer science or software engineering preferred. Advanced degrees such as MA/PhD/MBA are desirable but not required.
Demonstrates a solid understanding of user experience principles and B2B research methodologies
Building and scaling design organizations beyond 30+ individuals
Good design skills with proven skills in user interaction
Knowledge of data collection techniques and how to apply data to decision making for design
Demonstrated management and influential leadership skills
Ability to effectively recruit team members
- 10+ years of experience in design management; 15+ in UX design
- Availability for 25-30% travel. We have teams in Bozeman, Scottsdale, Denver, and Ames, IA. If you reside elsewhere and don’t wish to relocate to one of our cities, travel needs would be increased. Travel is required to meet with teams in other offices, customers, vendors and/or suppliers, attend trade shows, etc.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here