At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR’s Application Development Group is seeking to add a User Interface Designer who can convert content, data, and business requirements into conceptual wireframes, interactive prototypes, and scalable design systems. Candidate should have 2-4 years of experience in planning and designing complex enterprise applications and data-rich interfaces, and a solid understanding of modern frontend design and frameworks. The ideal candidate is able to work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders to understand and translate user requirements into workable UI designs, and also has a strong ability to communicate with and guide development teams throughout the application development process. A degree in Design or Computer Science (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, and Information Architecture) is preferred.
- Gather and translate business requirements and strategy documents into user and process workflows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences that are in-line with business and IT requirements.
- Apply a data- and research-driven understanding to iterative designs and produce development-ready mockups
- Develop and maintain detailed, brand-compliant user-interface specifications and design systems across multiple applications.
- Work with project managers, product managers, and developers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design.
- Translate design decisions into detailed specifications for developers
- Stay abreast of modern technologies in the field to create innovative approaches for improving end-user experience.
- A strong online portfolio featuring complex, innovative, enterprise application experiences
- A high level of proficiency with modern UI design and prototyping software (Figma preferred)
- Knowledge of design systems, atomic design principles, and component-based design
- A strong understanding of responsive design principles
- A working knowledge of designing for responsive design frameworks and standards (Bootstrap, Foundation, Flex, CSS Grid, etc.)
- Strong understanding of complex data systems and multi-step flow processes
- Experience with conducting user research and testing
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity agile and traditional development workflows
- Experience with project management tools like Microsoft Teams, Jira, Trello, etc.
- A basic understanding of data modeling and database design
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 standards
Read more here.