The User Researcher is highly skilled in a range of research methods, with significant experience conducting research to understand user needs, motivations and behaviors. User Researchers design studies and solicit feedback from internal and external users, through testing and customer behavior research, that aids in the design and improvement of products. Testing can be qualitative or quantitative and is performed throughout all phases of the development project, from conception to implementation. User Researchers analyze feedback and work with Software Engineers, Product Managers and members of the User Experience team to apply it to innovative, usable, great-looking products that people want to use.
Designs and Conducts Research:
- Collects analytics on user behavior through the design and use of online experiments (A/B testing), observation and surveys
- Works with Interaction Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to discover and prioritize user experience opportunities, with new and existing products, in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Develops and manages research plans and schedules for product teams
- Leverages a broad range of user research techniques to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and the way they work
Interprets and Presents Analyses:
- Organizes, interprets and presents collected data in usable format to use in decision-making
- Leverages a broad range of evaluation techniques to identify key usability needs, and to help refine previously implemented features
- Analyzes, synthesizes and communicates test/research results to drive user-centered product definition and iteration
What You’ll Need
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in a range of research methods
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to evangelize your research
- 2-4 years experience In user experience research
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Proven experience turning research findings into actionable user centered design and product goals
- Experience working in a Lean UX / Agile environment
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- B.S. or M.S. in human-computer interaction, psychology or a related field preferred
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Less than 10% travel to participate in customer research or travel to other office locations
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here