User Experience Managers are leaders that drive the creation of world class user experiences across multiple Workiva products. You empower excellence through advocating for design strategy, coaching and managing your reports, building and improving UX processes, advocating for the user, and connecting UX to business outcomes. You are an expert in user-centered discovery & design processes and can mentor others to effectively execute in an innovative, fast-paced and agile development environment.
User Experience Oversight: Oversee the UX Design work at all stages of the process. Deliver outstanding results.
- Craft and drive a UX design vision and strategy in alignment with customer, product and business needs.
- Coaches and provides oversight to team members regarding discovery of customer needs, planning, framing of problems, testing solutions, and delivering designs
- Provide feedback to team members on design iterations and advise on best practices of user experience design.
- Ensures a consistent user experience across product teams.
Management: Creates and implements processes that optimize operational effectiveness and efficiency and that enhance employee performance
- Set priorities for self and team based on department objectives.
- Give clear directions and hold the team accountable to objectives.
- Understand business goals, customer needs, and internal team needs to ensure that the Design System delivers results.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of quality and productivity by leading the UX department in ongoing reevaluation and revision of processes, tools, and standards.
Team-Building & Mentorship: Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provide UX employees with context, training, coaching, feedback, leadership development, and other developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance.
- Maintain an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision.
- Match staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance.
- Reward superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction.
- Advocate for resources, attract top talent to scale the team as the business grows.
- Manages staff recruitment, performance evaluation, development plans, and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Identifies and resolves interpersonal conflicts and resource issues.
What You’ll Need
- Superior design skills with proven skills in interaction and product design
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of user experience principles and research methodologies
- Proficiency with gathering and interpreting user data
- Ability to manage teams
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively recruit team members
- 6-10+ years of expertise in the field of user experience, visual design or a related discipline.
- A proven track record of direct report/peer engagement and advancement, whether in a management position, as a mentor, or as a coach.
- Demonstrated exceptional proficiency in user experience including lean design, agile development, design thinking, and/or additional methodologies is preferred.
- B.A./B.S. degree in design, software engineering, psychology, related field or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in human computer interaction, user experience design or similar degree preferred
- Up to 10% to meet with geographically dispersed team members depending on proximity to Workiva offices
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You Will Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $141,000 to $182,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here