Performs customary scientific/lab duties with minimal supervision. Participates/assists in the design and execution of non-routine experiments. Performs all work in conformance with applicable regulations. Performs all work in a safe manner. The scope of responsibility is primarily within the scientific/laboratory environment and immediate discipline.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes customary procedures in an independent and efficient manner, with minimal supervision; Independently operates and is responsible for scientific/lab equipment; Troubleshoots effectively.
- Demonstrates technical ability to assist in the design and execution of non-routine experiments with supervision.
- Applies basic scientific principles with minimal guidance; Performs literature searches and extracts relevant information from published protocols.
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly analyze data/results and interpret outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up.
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing; Contributes to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provide input for scientific reports.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Ensure laboratory facility and equipments are well maintained.
- Stay current with policies and SOPs regarding safe operations in the laboratory. Ensure for being clear and up-to-date with respect to safety and handling of infectious agents.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national and local authority regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with minimum of two (2) years of experience in related scientific discipline; or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in related scientific discipline with no experience.
- Hands-on experiences in the science of bacteriology and the control of bacterial infections including structural biology, cultivation of and analysis of microbes is essential.
- Hands-on experience with microbiology techniques.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Able to draft portions of technical reports
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts and apply appropriately with minimal supervision
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and information
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- Requires highly motivated, dependable and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
– Research & Development
– US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Read more here.