As a User Interface (UI) Manager, you’ll be just as passionate about people as all things design. You’ll apply that passion to shape our design direction – transforming business goals into world-class experiences that truly meet customer needs, while motivating a team of talented UI designers. You’ve crafted beautiful and usable design systems, and have a track record for fostering collaboration and adoption of said systems. You’re known as an amazing communicator and collaborator, and you have a knack for inspiring others.
UI Design: Create outstanding, beautiful & innovative experiences as represented through our next-gen design system.
- Craft a UI design vision and strategy with the UI team to ensure that the Design System drives results based on understanding of customer and business needs.
- Evangelize and coordinate usage of the Design System across UX and engineering teams, increasing efficiency while minimizing duplication of effort.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure coherence across the entire customer journey.
- Champion and drive high-quality UI across Workiva’s ecosystem.
- Effectively communicate with executive stakeholders, articulating design vision and rationale behind design decisions.
Management: Build a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent.
- Lead and coach a team of talented UI designers, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing design work, enhancing overall skills and performance, and recruiting top talent.
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change, occasionally leading initial phases of strategic projects and supporting UI design work as needed.
- Improve workflow efficiency to ensure timely delivery of projects that are driven by user research and quantitative metrics.
- Maintain an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent visual design skills with experience leading efforts in UI patterns & design systems
- Solid understanding of user experience principles and best practices
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- 6+ years’ experience repeatedly delivering high quality products with experience in managing designers for high impact results.
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it.
- A proven track record of direct report/peer engagement and advancement, whether in a management position, as a mentor, or as a coach.
- Demonstrated experience shipping products using lean design, agile development, design thinking, and/or additional methodologies.
- B.A./B.S. degree in art, graphic design, HCI, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Up to 10% to meet with geographically dispersed team members depending on proximity to Workiva offices – after the end of the pandemic; there is no travel at this time.
How You Will Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $141,000 to $182,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here