- Assist with development, communication and implementation of regional and organizational objectives and tactical plans through strong leadership and strategic vision.
- Analyze performance of territory sales to identify opportunities and develop action plans to drive further regional growth.
- Analyze historical sales trends across the territory and work with Sales Manager and Business Analyst to project new sales forecast trends by product line.
- Work with key dealers to establish sales targets and create an annual business and marketing plan that aligns with regional and organizational objectives for growth.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to grow dealer understanding of brand presence, and to build equity in the Ag Leader brand across the territory.
- Evaluate and recruit the right kind of dealer partnerships to provide sales and support in underserved areas.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive win/win conclusion using a variety of soft sales skills to influence appropriately.
- Provide sales skills development and product knowledge training to dealers.
- Keep dealers informed of changes in pricing, product availability, financing options, and other important company communication or initiatives.
- Plan and conduct territory trade shows, dealer open houses, conferences and other events in the territory that provide opportunities for the understanding and promotion of company products and brand.
- Provide Sales Manager updates on market trends, competitive information and future business and product opportunities.
- Work effectively with the Training and Support teams to provide the right dealer expectations and meet critical needs in the field.
- Make farm gate and customer visits with key dealers to represent the company, learn and report on customer needs and to model the consultative sales approach.
- At least 70% travel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of successful field sales or sales management experience with proven experience growing a multi-million dollar territory.
- Familiarity with farming practices in production agriculture within the territory.
- Hands-on experience using precision technology and software.
- Comfortable modeling a consultative sales approach, utilizing effective listening, prospecting and negotiation techniques.
- Comfortable presenting to small and large audiences and delivering information in a charismatic way.
- Comfortable calling on new dealer prospects
- Comfortable cold calling growers while bringing the dealer along
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and effectively present information on the performance of sales initiatives in the territory.
- Strong teamwork and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Agronomy background a plus.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate within the territory. Strong preference for candidate in LA, AR, or MS.
To apply, please submit your resume through the link below;