The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for responding to customer issues across our Wdesk and Wdata platforms. Support consists of troubleshooting issues with customers and support, identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding the customer through corrective steps. A key component of this position will consist of providing technical and functional support to customers over the phone, chat or case management. A TSE provides subject matter expertise around solutions and technical expertise to solve for escalated issues. They are responsible for owning the customer experience and improving our ability as a business to support their dynamic needs.
- Customer Support: Support customers by providing technical and functional expertise over the phone, chat and case management.
- Manages support escalations for any solutions which require escalated product knowledge or permissions to solve the issue
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every customer
- Obtain low to moderate experience in networking, infrastructure or other technical troubleshooting domains
- Identify opportunities for training Tier-1 support – create the material and deliver the training
- Capable of resolving complex customer issues with minimal assistance from escalated assistance
- Provides a high quality customer experience to produce or maintain raving fans
- Represents support in functional product meetings or projects which align with products which you manage with expertise
- Work with Customer Success, Professional Services, and all tiers of support to solve problems or identify opportunities – act as the POC for support
- Work directly with SSE / PSM to engage with Engineering and Product
- Train and mentor other engineers on the team – create accountability and professionalism within the team
- Interview and assess candidates for promotion and new hire
- Lives the Workiva Values and Principals and guidelines on how to produce results and improve the business
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Previous experience in accounting or finance preferred
- 2+ years experience in a support/service role for a financial services company or technical support organization
- Intermediate or advanced experience with database support, systems administration or network security support.
- Coding Experience (YAML and Gremlin preferred, but not required)
- Sox or Audit Experience
- Database, SOX Compliance Software, or Compliance Management Software Experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Aptitude and proven ability to learn deep understanding around multiple products or technologies
- Consistently follows protocol and can be trusted with elevated account level permissions and access
- Ability to understand intermediate to advanced math concepts
- Ability to communicate via email, phone, chat and other customer channels
- Strong technical aptitude, with high competency in using Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, OneCloud & Workiva products
- Strong communication (verbal, listening and writing) skills
- Self-motivated and accountable to results – ability to train others to demonstrate these same characteristics
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others
- Able to allow for contingencies, prioritize multiple and potentially overlapping customer requirements
- Proven ability to meet established timelines and service level agreements
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service with ability to identify customer needs and expectations and respond in a timely and effective manner
- Represents the team as an advocate in cross-functional team meetings or projects
- Helps to create and maintain a positive and vibrant culture in Support
- Ability to understand system logs and system reports to solve issues
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Varying and overtime hours required during peak seasons
- Minimal travel required
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here