The Swine Operations Administrative Assistant will support the Swine Department by performing a wide range of duties and report to the Swine Operations Administrator. This individual will perform such duties as managing our contractor database and contractor payments, collecting, and monitoring load schedules and creating work orders, as needed. Also responsible for managing biosecurity plans for several of our site locations while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Essential Job Requirements:
Associates Degree preferred and/or equivalent experience. This individual must have exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and multi-task. Additionally, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and present the company in a professional manner while having outstanding customer service skills.
A proficient knowledge of Microsoft office Suite, specifically Excel. A preferred agricultural background and experience.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collect load schedules from several sources, input changes and communicate to the swine team weekly
- Monitor load schedules and create work orders, as needed (i.e. closeouts, management prefill and marketing)
- Enter and maintain health status from integrator in site database and work order system
- Communicate health status, as needed
- Manage contractor database as it relates to swine caretakers, mowing, snow removal and manure applicators
- Review contracts for accuracy and enter into database
- Ensure compliance of insurance certificates and W9s
- report weekly
- Communicate with integrator and report Independent Contractor information quarterly and as changes occur
- Manage contractor payments
- Manage Independent Contractor contract payments due and submit semi‐monthly to Accounts Payable for payment
- Check load schedules and submit loading, washing and overstock payments to Account Payable
- Confirm vaccination payments from injection records sent and submit for payment to Accounts Payable
- Monitor payments to ensure integrators reimbursements are received
- Send payment description/itemization to Independent Contractors weekly
- Manage snow removal and mowing contract payments due and submit monthly to Accounts Payable for payment
- Review and maintain site management scores recorded in a database and report to the swine team, as needed
- Create, submit and review biosecurity plans for our managed swine sites
- Other duties as assigned
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This position must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork. In addition this position is regularly required to sit, walk, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- This position is full-time working Monday-Friday with the occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
- This position will not have any supervisory responsibilities.