About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Supply Chain Specialist (Ames, IA, Omaha, NE, Memphis, TN, or Remote)
We are looking for a self-starter to join our high-achieving supply chain team. This individual must be able to thrive in a flexible environment where half the year is comprised of analysis and strategic planning, while the remainder of the year is execution-focused on customer order fulfillment and logistics. As a member of the Supply Chain group, this individual will touch every aspect of Pivot Bio’s supply chain ranging from production planning, procurement, packaging engineering, systems engineering, warehouse management, to customer logistics. During Pivot Bio’s order fulfillment season, this individual will need to occasionally travel to our warehouse sites (currently Chicago, IL) and be able to interact with customers, sales reps, our warehouse team, and transportation vendors to ensure a best-in-class customer experience.
- Coordinate with customers and sales reps to set up logistics of product delivery.
- Work with warehouse staff and transportation vendors to execute order fulfillment season.
- Build out and continuously improve supply chain processes.
- Use and develop software programs including an ERP, CRM, and a custom developed OMS.
- Analyze data utilizing MS Office and Tableau to generate insights that drive strategic planning.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various external suppliers and partners.
- Travel to warehouse locations during order fulfillment season.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Supply Chain and Logistics Management or related field such as Business Management, Engineering or Agribusiness.
- Self-starter that can work with ambiguity
- Attention to detail and strive for perfection
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work on a computer for 6 hours/day
- Willing to travel up to 25% during fulfillment season (January-June)
Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team