Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
The User Experience Writer Intern helps shape the vision and voice of Workiva. This person works with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and SMEs to support Wdesk customers by producing clear and accurately written technical material for Workiva products and features.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, user experience designers, and subject matter experts to support a world-class user experience
- Follow audience centered and iterative methods to understand user needs
- Deliver outstanding documentation, user assistance, and product copy
- Produces clear and accurate written technical material for products and features
- Creates text that increases user engagement and encourages them to try new products and features while maintaining consistency across text
- Assists internal teams with technical writing requests as needed
What You’ll Need
- Excellent writing, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple cross-functional, geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work effectively with involved stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uncanny attention to detail and customer focus
- Experience in cloud software, human computer interaction, and/or user experience, a plus
- Progress toward BA/BS or MS in Technical Communication, English, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here