The Marketing Intern will perform a variety of tasks dependent upon the team they support. This person will coordinate details, execute projects, and work cross-functionally with other teams within Workiva.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborates with multiple teams across the organization to integrate appropriate marketing strategies
- Measures success metrics and analyzes reports to assist with recommending areas for improvement
- Researches industry trends, competitors, and regulations
- Assists in managing multiple marketing projects, programs, and/or events prioritizing workload and completion under tight deadlines
- Provide assistance in tracking project progression
Marketing Interns may perform any of the following activities depending upon which team(s) they may support:
- Aligns messaging with company objectives and strategic goals; puts the end user first in every step of the content creation process
- Writes and edits marketing materials including brochures, blogs, white papers, and more
Customer Equity and Marketing Principles
- Manage the day-to-day information exchange with all internal resources for detailed specifications, material due dates, reviews, edits, and approvals
- Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to secure venue contracts and execute other program logistics
- Create, distribute, and analyze customer survey results
- Build customer insights to understand personas and inform product innovation, marketing campaigns, and content
- Analyze business opportunities including the size and growth of new markets, and related customer needs, buying cycles, etc.
Global Demand Generation
- Plan, post, and measure organic social media channels
- Assist in promotion plan for paid social media campaigns
- Provides support executing Global Demand Generation areas which may include digital advertising, events, trade shows, account based marketing campaigns and digital marketing asset creation
- Create and monitor tickets for multiple advertising campaigns
- Use tools including Marketo, Salesforce, Google Ads, Bing, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and more
Marketing Events and Professional Group
- Research, plan, and execute on venue selection, collateral, and workshop/event logistics
- Assist with managing vendor relationships
- Monitor and work within established budget guidelines for the program(s)
- Organize and execute partner events
- Create messaging for weekly blogs and quarterly newsletters targeting an audience of partners
- Assist in building and executing go-to-market plans and launch programs
What You’ll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement
- Ability to work successfully, in a high-energy, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong creativity and brainstorming skills
- Strong attention to detail
If Content Marketing focused:
- General understanding of B2B communications, including digital marketing and social media best practices
- Knowledge of AP style and able to work within brand and editorial standards
- Demonstrated writing and marketing skills
- Writing samples required
If Customer Equity and Marketing Principles focused:
- Experience in process management preferred
If Customer Marketing focused:
- Experience with Salesforce, Qualtrics, Tableau, and/or Google Data Studio preferred
If Global Demand Generation focused:
- Analytical skills with ability to analyze data from several sources
If Marketing Events focused:
- Experience in planning large-scale events preferred
If Partner Marketing focused:
- Experience in project management preferred
If Professional Group focused:
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Communications, or related program
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here