Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant linked to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Transcribe, purify and test RNA for electroporation
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3 years of relevant work experience -OR- Associates Degree with 2 years relevant work experience -OR- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory or manufacturing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good mathematical abilities
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures
- Successful Completion of Physical Abilities Test
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to be the most reliable supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.