Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant linked to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Transcribe, purify and test RNA for electroporation
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3 years of relevant work experience -OR- Associates Degree with 2 years relevant work experience -OR- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory or manufacturing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good mathematical abilities
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures
- Successful Completion of Physical Abilities Test
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to be the most reliable supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
View page here