Provide support to AH Innovation Division through coordinating key initiatives as well as execution of activities aligned with AH Innovation Division strategy and in support of identified business needs, goals and objectives including site responsibility, site travel support, purchasing and sourcing, budgeting support, employee development and training initiatives, etc. Work involves the application of independent thinking, the ability to work autonomously and make decisions using sound judgment. Operates with a moderate degree of independence under a more senior leadership.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Site Head is responsible for strategic communication and alignment across the multiple research teams and functions to support site priorities and AH Innovation Division objectives. Develop and maintain strong relationships with site employees and fosters a positive culture.
- Responsible for managing various key aspects of site operations including interface with finance for site budget, purchasing, planning and executing CapEx, initiating and executing SOW for sourcing. Responsible for coordinating travel support including coordination and expense reports.
- Serves as a member of the Ames Operations team.
- Provides site support for on-boarding of all new employees and arranges and schedules meetings between employees and various business partners for development and training initiatives.
- Serve as the point of contact for key internal stakeholders including Marketing, Human resources, IT, Safety, Finance, Purchasing, and other corporate initiatives. Serves as liaison for key external groups including Research Park, local community groups and University.
- Arranges and schedules meetings between employees, develop and distribute agenda/meeting minutes, setting up meeting rooms and running IT support equipment, and collecting data for necessary inspection and audit reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution required or greater.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written coupled with good presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills, both electronic and manual.
- Must show a high degree of flexibility and be comfortable with changing priorities.
- Able to reassess priorities as changes occur.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Requires a highly motivated, dependable and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.