Senior Product Managers are responsible for leading decision making, product strategy, definition, and execution for one or more products or feature areas that impact multiple product development teams or business functions.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will define and drive the end-to-end product vision and strategy for your area. You will work closely with customers to understand their needs and pain points and prioritize and sequence feature development and releases leading to significant and tangible business value. You will develop your ideas into real products that our customers use and love every day.
You will build strong working relationships across multiple engineering, design, project management, and business teams, and work closely with senior leaders within product development and across the company. You will be an advocate for your customers throughout the organization and hold a very high bar for building a high-quality product
What You’ll Do
Ownership & Responsibilities
- Owns a significant and complex product or multiple products
- Leverages product and customer discovery to inform product strategy
- Contributes to organization’s strategy
- Demonstrates ability to navigate significantly complex / ambiguous situations
- Regularly publishes product related content within the organization
- Mentors Associate Product Managers and Product Managers
- Partners with multiple product development teams, product managers and leaders, and functional leaders
- Influences direction of cross-functional and cross-team dependencies
- Builds working relationships with many engineering, product, and functional leaders at director level and above
- Provides specialized technical guidance and domain knowledge to colleagues across the organization
- Resolves most roadblocks on their own
- Leads teams to consistently and regularly ship cross-product features with high business value
- Drives significant incremental improvements of key business metrics
- Helps teams design and incorporate cross-team process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Successfully champions and drives consistency across multiple products
- Plays important role in selection process for new hires within product management
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager over areas of increasing complexity
- A proven track record of leading the development of product vision and strategy
- A self-starter mindset to execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong Leadership skills – the ability to influence and inspire across multiple teams and job functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- An excellent understanding of product development and how web technologies work
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
Read more here.