The Senior Director of Demand Generation provides strategic leadership and guidance across the entire North America Workiva demand generation team. This role is focused on acquiring and retaining new customers in order to achieve revenue growth targets. The Senior Director of Demand Generation is responsible for driving lead generation and pipeline progression initiatives for our sales team, as well as developing marketing programs to drive conversion, multiple product purchase and retention. This position will manage the plans, programs and execution of advertising and demand generation campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving and communicating demand generation performance to C-suite.
Develops Strategy and Leads Demand Generation: Design and drive demand generation programs
- Works closely with all parts of the Marketing, Product Marketing, and Sales and leadership
- Designs and drives demand generation and nurturing programs in full and complete integrated manner
- Ensures that all demand generation and nurturing programs align with the strategic goals of Workiva
- Provides strategic oversight, development, and execution of social media focused awareness and demand generating programs
- Partners with Inside sales leadership to ensure optimized lead flow process
- Provides forecasting models and maintains demand generation budget
- Manages the purchase of all advertising in both digital and print
- Partners with the design team in the creation of both print, digital and video ads.
- Ensures that all advertising programs align with the brand and strategic goals of Workiva
Configure, Analyze, & Optimize: Develops demand generation and nurturing programs that help achieve revenue growth targets
- Builds campaigns and lead nurturing programs; set up and execute tactical tasks associated with customized landing pages, forms creation, email campaigns and leading scoring rules
- Drives and improves the current lead generation methods and process, and continually finds new ways to improve creation and conversion of incoming leads
- Understands segmentation best practices for efficient and effective campaign targeting
- Fully executes programs to deliver short and long term lead growth
- Analyzes programs for performance insights that inform continuous improvement activities
- Continually monitors, analyzes and tunes programs for maximum ROI, A/B testing and user testing
Operations Management: Manages across business partners to ensure the execution of Workiva’s strategic projects
- Manages across business partners to optimize customer experience, ensure brand consistency, and drive ROI
- Drives MQL to SQL to Pipeline conversation performance
- Creates and maintains a marketing reporting dashboard to track the performance of demand generation programs
- Communicates effectively with internal and external teams to keep them informed and up to date
- Manages employees, consultants and vendors to deliver efficiently and with agility
- Negotiates with vendors and manages the demand generation budget
- Provides leadership, career development and mentoring to direct reports, and defines developmental requirements for the overall team
- Encourages a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, respected and enthusiastic
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback and development opportunities; creates and delivers training to staff that enhances their skills
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Mastery over both social media and search engine optimization impact on demand gen programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Detail-oriented in context of fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- 10+ years of management experience with demonstrated effectiveness building and managing an organization or team
- 5+ years experience in supporting Sales, Product, and/or Marketing teams at a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical organization
- Proven track record of developing marketing strategy, managing systems and processes and overseeing media budgets
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance
- Up to 20% to meet with teams in other offices, vendors, and/or suppliers, attend events
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.