Please email your resume to Prem@proplanner.com
Looking for a SQL Server Developer / Programmer for a full-time position in the Des Moines, IA area.
Reporting to the Director of Database Development / Data Architect, the SQL Developer will be
responsible for the lifecycle and management of database solutions in support of core organizational
functions and business processes for the organization. The person in this role will work cross-
functionally and collaborate with multiple departments, vendors, and other key stakeholders to meet
overall reporting objectives while also contributing to continuous improvement opportunities across the
We are looking for someone with strong T-SQL Programming experience and experience with ETL
technologies like SSIS.
Phone Screen and Video Interview. Work remotely until Covid restrictions are over, with possible
- Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
- Develop and maintain T-SQL code in Microsoft SQL Server Database.
- Review queries for optimization (like parameterization)
- Design, create and implement database systems based on the end-user and requirements.
- Develop database schemas, tables and triggers using SQL server 2012 and later.
- Transition to and Maintenance of Azure SQL Database & Managed Instance Databases
- Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and query performances using SQL Server Profiler,
Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans.
- Recommend query and index improvements in application to increase performance.
- Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures
towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Use the Azure Devops for maintaining Product Backlog and tracking development updates.
- Experience in creating database migration scripts by using schema and data compare tools would
be a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL 2012 or later
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Power BI will be a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of query & index tuning to optimize performance.
- Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL Stack with SQL Server: Integration Services, Reporting Services
and SQL Agent Jobs.
- Dedication to complete application development life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis
and design, coding, testing and deployment.
Salary: 75K – 85K