Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
The user experience research team uses a broad range of research methods to understand user motivations and behaviors, including a usability testing program to evaluate prototypes. This internship will collaborate on a wide range of research work while primarily focusing on usability testing. You will assist in planning studies, recruiting participants, facilitating sessions, and analyzing results. Usability testing would be great experience to bring to this team as an intern.
The User Experience Researcher Intern uses research methods to understand motivations and behaviors. This person analyzes feedback and works with Software Engineers, Product Managers and members of the User Experience team to apply it to innovative, usable, great-looking products that people want to use.
- Collects analytics on user behavior through the design and use of online experiments (A/B testing), observation and surveys
- Works with Interaction Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to discover and prioritize user experience opportunities, with new and existing products
- Develops research plans and schedules for product teams
- Analyzes, synthesizes and communicates test/research results to drive user-centered product definition and iteration
What You’ll Need
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods , a plus
- Progress toward BA/BS or MS in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here