The Intern – Human Resources supports the Human Resources philosophy by implementing employee-led programs. This person will support a variety projects depending on the team in which they support.
What You’ll Do – based on the assigned team
Talent Development Team
- Create and maintain employee engagement resources
- Coordinate across teams to maintain a training database
- Assist in success path and development plan setup
- Maintain employee development and performance management documentation
- Collect and maintain pre- and post-training survey data
- Maintain job description links and index
Talent Acquisition Team
- Leverage sourcing and recruitment tools to learn how to identify and recruit top talent
- Partner with recruiters to learn how to review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience, and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Create and foster relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit students, alumni, and diversity candidates
- Manage and coordinate communication with candidates and team members
- Perform reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates under guidance of lead recruiter
Total Rewards Team
- Gain hands-on experience with a variety of compensation and benefits projects.
- Assists with day-to-day benefits inquiries from employees.
- Assists with electronic file audits and inquiries from benefits partners.
- Works with HR system (Workday) and job description/compensation system (Payfactors) to update job descriptions.
- Review, analyze, and compile market compensation data.
- Contribute to communication campaigns that educate employees about benefits plans and programs.
- Collect, review and process pre-employment paperwork, coordinate and review background screenings in accordance with company policies
- Create and maintain employee personnel files
- Assist with tasks related to immigration processes including proper Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and documents required to successfully sponsor foreign-born workers for immigration benefits
- Assist with updating and maintaining HRIS data to ensure accurate payroll processing and employee reporting
- Assist in responding to employee questions and requests
HR Business Partner (HRBP)
- Assists the HRBP team with reporting, analysis and documentation
- Participate in HRBP projects and initiative roll outs
- Assists with updating electronic employee files
- Assist in responding to employee/manager questions and requests
- Conducts research in HR system (Workday) for HRBP analysis and employee/manager inquiries
- Review and analyze reports related to engagement, development and attrition which could include exit interviews, 360 feedback surveys, pulse surveys, headcount, turnover, internal staff movement, workforce planning
What You’ll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information, a plus
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program, preferably in Business, Human Resource Management, Psychology, or related program.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here