The Software Support Engineer (SSE) role is an individual contributor role that provides tier 3 technical support for the Workiva platform. In addition to previous software support experience the ideal candidate will have experience supporting databases and/or APIs.
The Software Support Engineer provides the first line of technical support to our Customer Success staff. They serve as an intermediary between Customer Success staff and development teams to identify root causes of customer issues in order to quickly deliver solutions to any problem that a customer might encounter. They are able to take an issue and turn them into an experience that wows customers. Not only does the Software Support Engineer verify issues, but they also identify and pursue solutions, interacting with customers and internal support representatives to deliver maximum customer satisfaction. The Software Support Engineer also enjoys working in a dynamic work environment through interacting with multiple development teams to find solutions for customers.
Understands & Fulfills Customer Needs & Requirements: Understands and clearly articulates customer needs and requirements and also services larger business needs of the company
- Works to troubleshoot problems in real-time, interacting with customers and internal support representatives to deliver maximum customer satisfaction
Application Component Design: Works with Software Engineers to design innovative components of back-end systems applications or solutions to meet internal customer needs and requirements
- Brainstorms and implements ways to streamline our processes to keep our support structure fast and adaptable
- Identifies, verifies, and reproduces difficult issues to solve customer problems that may come from multiple sources
Stakeholder Relationship Management: Manages relationships with Customer Success and Quality Assurance teams to ensure all required features are provided by these teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
- Acts as a first line of development software for our Customer Success staff to diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise from our customers
- Collaborates with functional testers in Quality Assurance to assist in testing and regression analysis
- Facilitates the resolution of complex issues that may require the involvement of multiple teams and roles
- Interacts as a part of multiple development teams to find solutions for customers
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to influence and inspire your team
- Ability to self-motivate
- Passion for troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Translate communication with technical and non-technical individuals when needed
- Coursework or experience in computer/engineering related fields preferred
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Experience in providing software support to non-technical users
- Minimal travel required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $76,000 – $99,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- Monthly phone stipend
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.