Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Software Engineering Intern for our Platform Systems team located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This organization is responsible for developing and supporting real-time embedded software for numerous processing platforms used in our commercial airline avionics products and cockpit display systems.
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of flight-critical embedded software for commercial aviation solutions and avionics products
- Contribute to assigned cross-functional engineering project team responsible for the design, development, and verification of real-time embedded software
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
- Work with desktop computer in an office environment and with target hardware in an engineering lab to achieve the goal of delivering a high-quality software product within schedule and cost constraints
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
- Demonstrated interest in embedded software solutions and board-level device drivers
- Programming experience in C and/or Python
- Comfortable with object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of real-time operating system concepts
- Experience with software engineering processes and procedures, including writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support
- Interest in working in the aviation electronics industry
- Strong contributor to a positive work environment that focuses on solutions
- Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Customer focus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
View page here