Location: U.S. Remote based (Fully remote)
Zoetis is the world’s leading animal health company. As part of Zoetis, Performance Livestock Analytics is a fast-growing team based in Ames, Iowa which leads innovation in smart livestock management. We’re building services that improve beef traceability, help farmers manage their daily cattle feeding operations, track individual animals, identify and treat sick animals promptly, and automate bookkeeping. Our services span the web, iOS, Android, and specialized hardware, using the cloud to communicate and store data. The engineering team primarily works from home and is well adapted to accommodate candidates located anywhere with reliable internet service. The development environment is a Unix stack on AWS, consisting of FreeBSD, Linux, PHP, Go, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git, along with iOS and Android apps.
This opening is for a software engineer seeking to develop iOS apps in SwiftUI. The project focus is to author, review, and deploy new capabilities in coordination with website and API development. Responsibilities include:
- Develop code for new project requirements.
- Collaborate with other project engineers on improvements to overall project design.
- Develop automated test cases to improve long term viability of codebase.
- Discover and propose new techniques and technologies for better project design.
- Work closely with upper-level engineers to advance professional development.
The best candidates will have most of these:
- 2+ years’ relevant experience
- Desire and skill for app development in iOS.
- Experience with database storage in SQLite, MySQL, or MongoDB.
- Experience with relevant network protocols, such as HTTP or RabbitMQ.
- Daily experience in the Unix software stack and command line interface.
- Experience collaborating with other engineers through source control, code review, design discussion, documentation, and video conferencing.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment-related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.