There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
As a Software Engineer – Cloud and Infrastructure for Enterprise IT supporting Infrastructure and Operations for our World Headquarters (Remote/Hybrid Eligible from Ames, IA, Chicago, or Quad Cities area), you will;
- Perform software development for John Deere AWS and Azure Cloud Platforms.
- Operate within an Agile team and participates in all aspects of the team’s work.
- Work within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow, or tool standards.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team members.
- Considered an expert within the team on tools and technology in use.
- Work with team members by pairing, coaching and code review.
- Provide input into the product development strategy and roadmap.
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with Java, Spring, and React
- 3+ years of work experience with AWS or Azure
- 3+ years of work experience with Enterprise System Design
- 2+ years of work experience with DevOps, DevSecOps and Lean Development Principles
- 2+ years of work experience with Agile, including Test Driven Development (TDD) and Test Automation
- 2+ years of work experience with Infrastructure-as-code, automation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis