Location: U.S. Remote based (Fully remote)
Zoetis is the world’s leading animal health company. As part of Zoetis, Performance Livestock Analytics is a fast growing team based in Ames, Iowa which leads innovation in smart livestock management. We’re building services that improve beef traceability, help farmers manage their daily cattle feeding operations, track individual animals, identify and treat sick animals promptly, and automate bookkeeping. Our services span the web, iOS, Android, and specialized hardware, using the cloud to communicate and store data. The engineering team primarily works from home and is well adapted to accommodate candidates located anywhere with reliable internet service. The development environment is a Unix stack on AWS, consisting of FreeBSD, Linux, PHP, Go, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git, along with iOS and Android apps.
This opening is for an Android Software Engineer. Android Software Engineers design and develop the necessary software for successful project completion, provide for smooth operation of the company Android development stack and ensure long-term viability of the code base in order to provide customers with the highest quality of products and services. Responsibilities include:
- Android platform design, development and Play store deployment.
- Integrate Android functionality with Performance Livestock Analytics Platform’s existing
- API services.
- Web stack.
- Cloud services.
- Data analytics.
- Ensure long term viability of the code base.
- Respond as necessary to operational emergencies, possibly after working hours.
- Provide customers with intuitive, high-quality products and services.
- Communicate effectively with other project engineers.
The best candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency in Android development.
- Proficiency in ancillary technologies for integrating Android applications into the PLA platform. Examples include:
- External API calls using json, xml, or similar.
- External authentication paradigms.
- Asynchronous and offline operation modes.
- Communications with embedded software/IoT.
- Experience with SQLite, MySQL, or MongoDB database technologies.
- Experience in the Unix software stack and command line interface.
- Experience collaborating with five or more developers, preferably through Git, code review, design discussion, documentation, and video conferencing.
- Strong understanding of root-cause analysis for moderately difficult bugs and implementation of meaningful preventive action such as unit testing.
- Willingness to learn and become proficient in tools common to the engineering team.
- Excellent ability to work effectively in a self-directed team environment and under minimal supervision.
- Great at communicating complex technical situations in an understandable way.
- Educational degree in CS, Programming, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or Mathematics,
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
View page here