At Workiva, we want a diverse mix of talented engineers who are product builders. If you don’t want to settle for “just doing the ticket”, and if you want to be empowered to change the product to solve customer problems, you’ll love it here. The technologies you know before-hand, or the technologies you leverage while solving problems, matter less than making software that real people enjoy using.
We’re an agile team committed to maintaining a positive, safe, supportive, and results driven team culture. We routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We’re committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we’re delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a web application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS. The technology is a detail – we are confident that engineers can and will learn.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team’s deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva’s teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to team projects and deliver individual level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your team’s products or components
- Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Debug components within your service or application context
- Analyze data to assess and understand solutions developed by your team
- Estimate your own work with guidance
- Write and document code with clearly defined requirements
- Communicate individual work to your team and diverse technical audiences
- Assist in triaging and resolving production issues
- May participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- May participate in the hiring process
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Some experience debugging systems or applications
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, relational databases, REST and other modern web protocols, and/or Mobile computing
- Familiarity building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- BS in CS/SE/EE/CE/related field or equivalent experience