Workiva is a market leading, fast-growing, global SaaS technology company, that needs motivated and talented individuals to assist with delivering exceptional results that delight customers, and push the boundaries of innovation! Our Engineering teams utilize industry-leading technologies to solve interesting and complicated challenges for our rapidly expanding work management market. We are relentless in maximizing each individual’s career goals and aspirations, fostering interactions with like-minded people who share the same drive and passion, and allowing the freedom to create your own success.
Workiva Inc. (NYSE: WK) simplifies complex work for thousands of organizations worldwide. Customers trust Workiva’s open, intelligent and intuitive platform to connect data, documents and teams. The results: improved efficiency, greater transparency and less risk.
The Software Developer in Test contributes to utilization, implementation, and development of tooling, infrastructure, and processes to support all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle for Workiva software products. This position is embedded within an agile development team under the guidance, mentorship, and direction of management and senior level team members.
- Can quickly consume and understand technical business strategy and operating models; can apply gap analysis techniques to create long-term value.
- Can ensure technical and social capabilities match business needs and goals.
- Can infuse and drive quality engineering best practices and results within Agile Scrum iterations using: Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD) methodologies, Total Quality Management (TQM) Development Models, CI/CD automation pipelines, Test Mapping, QA Regression Frameworks, and Test Automation tools.
- Can effectively lead quality engineering best practices, while delivering consistent results with superb quality release-over-release.
- Can effectively communicate goals, metrics, and value propositions across the organization.
- Must be teachable, give and receive feedback, and demonstrate success in their discipline on a consistent and transparent basis.
- Must have knowledge of Java system services, communication protocols, and industry technologies.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design & Analysis principles in Java and/or Python; as well as API, ORM, SOA, and SQL data store technologies.
- Must have knowledge of component framework and modern application container and virtualization technologies.
- Must be able to deep-dive into various data stores to produce meaningful insights, operational intelligence, customer experience visualizations, and proactive trend analyses.
- Must be passionate about creating solutions, and solving complex problems – in the right way, at the right time, and for the right reasons.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering, development, or technical delivery position.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; commensurate experience is also accepted.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to pivot between projects and assist in multiple areas
- Ability to successfully stay up-to-date in changing environments
- Ability to learn new technologies when appropriate
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Selenium, Puppeteer, or other automated testing tools
- Knowledge of Docker or other container systems
- Less than 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable Internet Access when not working from a Workiva Corporate Location.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $101,000 – $136,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.