At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR’s Application Development Group is seeking to add a Software Business Analyst to support our application development efforts. Candidate should have a four-year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or a related subject. Candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in supporting the design and development of enterprise level applications following modern software practices. Candidate should be looking to grow in experience and responsibilities as our team grows with the potential to take on Project Management responsibilities.
- Gather and document detailed business requirements for small to moderate level application efforts in formal requirements document.
- Should be adept at creating software business requirements documents including functional requirements, use cases, actor diagrams, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Ensuring solutions meet client business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Update systems of record as required including Jira, Microsoft Teams, Azure DevOps.
- Experienced in Agile Software development practices.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
For more information, click here.