The Site Reliability Engineer works to increase and maintain our SaaS product’s availability, focusing on exceeding our customers uptime requirements. In order to achieve the greatest availability possible, Site Reliability Engineers develop tools, systems and automation to help monitor, measure, manage and make transparent, our cloud-based operations. The Site Reliability Engineer dives deep and analyzes issues that prevent availability or scaling and derives solutions that provide long-term stability.
- Understands & Fulfills Customer Needs & Requirements
- Works closely with Product teams to fully understand and resolve issues, concerns, and problems that might otherwise impede the delivery of high quality solutions
- Thinks holistically about changes and issues. Recognizes the implications of work that addresses the needs and concerns of the entire Workiva customer base
- Creates innovative solutions that have positive, long-term results
- Participates in on-call rotations which include 24×7 support of all of Workiva’s SaaS hosted environments
- Maintains, and improves, the reliability and operability of all infrastructure and infrastructure management services
- Write tools, and leverage open source, to automate tasks with an emphasis on safety and repeatability
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues across the stack
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure services are designed to be cloud-native, scalable, and easily operated
- Works within planned budgets and timelines, and ensures quality of finished product
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine or Google Compute Engine
- Experience with Go and Python or other programming language
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Cloudformation and Terraform
- Experience with Docker and Operating systems(Linux,Windows, etc) preferred
- Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing preferred
- Experience with software development methods preferred
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $118,000 – $152,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Apply through the link below: https://workiva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Ames/Site-Reliability-Engineer_R1615