The Ames, Iowa production facility is part of our company’s global Animal Health Manufacturing Division network and is a key contributor to the manufacturing of animal health products.
The vaccine manufacturing operation is made up of teams that carry out the production activities for the preparation and sterilization of equipment, preparation of media components, cell culture and downstream processing of RNA-based vaccines, including formulation, filling, and distribution of final product.
The role of the Administrative Assistant will be to assist with the Site Director’s needs and ensure administrative tasks are performed in a timely manner to allow for the proper execution of strategic business objectives of the manufacturing location. This individual will also be the primary site contact for the Visitor Management System, Site Security Management, and our printer systems. Knowledge of billing/invoicing systems is a plus.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed to work with cross-functional teams to achieve business targets. A successful candidate will be able to develop strong networks and relationships across functions, be assertive, systematic, timely, and appropriately rigorous when performing the duties of the position.
This position(s) will perform the following duties under strict compliance of all government and corporate safety and quality regulations / guidelines:
- Aids day-to-day needs of site director
- Greets visitors and provides direction as needed.
- Answers phone, takes messages, and/or redirects callers; screens calls and answers routine questions.
- Performs basic calendar management and schedules needs for group meetings.
- Processes and tracks expense reports or other financial information.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentations.
- Types memoranda and correspondence and generates routine reports.
- Follows established guidelines for filing and tracking departmental records.
- Orders and distributes office supplies.
- Liaises with appropriate corporate teams to meet needs of site ie. Site security, IT, finance, procurement, etc.
- Assists departments or managers, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree or clerical/technical certification preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to lead the day-to-day operations of the office including the ability to make decisions and be responsive to all types of issues affecting the department
- Exceptional business (written and verbal) communication skills with friendly, collaborative professional demeanor
- Possesses basic knowledge in the following office technologies – Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as other software systems(s) appropriate for the needs of the department.
- Possesses company knowledge of immediate work area, work routines, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, shredder, etc.).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Two years administrative support
- Ability to create Purchase Order, Supply Orders, etc.
- Strong meeting/event planning and coordination skills
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
View page here