About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Shows & Events Coordinator; Location: Ames, IA
Pivot Bio is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to manage our events from start to finish. You will oversee all aspects of event planning and management. After discussing the scope and budget with key stakeholders, you will organize all the details, including booking the venue, planning food service, entertainment, decorations, transportation, and staffing for the day(s) of the event. We expect you to supervise each phase of the plan during the event to ensure it runs smoothly and to close out all vendor invoices once the event is over.
If you are energetic, well-organized and enjoy the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization, then this may be the job for you!
- Discuss the budget and expectations with management and staff
- Research venues and vendors that fit the occasion within budget
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Schedule staff and set up/clean-up crews for the day(s) of the event
- Oversee each phase of the event to ensure it runs smoothly
- Process all invoices to make sure vendors are paid promptly
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, or a related field preferred
- At least two years of event planning experience.
- Substantial portfolio of coordinating successful events
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet commitment of events which could include long days and weekend
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Must have valid driver’s license
*Must be authorized to work in the United States