Our Territory Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
As a member of the US Swine Sales Team, the RP Field Sales Support Specialist is a point of contact for managing the day to day activities, orders, and programs with our Animal Health’s RP vaccine business, and is responsible for delivering best in class problem-solving resources and customer support. Additionally, he/she engages, advocates, and seeks resolutions for customer problems/concerns when issues/opportunities are presented; helps to coordinate order management/account purchasing activities for new product launches and back orders. Works closely with the sales reps, marketing managers, and sales/marketing management to maintain on time and correct prescription vaccine orders, schedules, and special order requests. Engages with other areas of our Animal Health team to address and manage business processes for our Animal Health RP vaccine accounts.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a central point of contact for RP vaccine customers. Focus is 25% internal and 75% external. Partner with Sales Personnel/Technical Services and leverage customer relationships to address customer specific issues and pull through key business initiatives in support of our company’s objectives. Including but not limited to:
- Works closely with Sales and marketing teams in annual planning process for customer accounts. Provides information critical to the planning process relative to order management and overall customer service.Processes orders and monitors pending orders, inventory, delivery dates, schedule renewals, and prescriptions.
- Works closely with Veterinarian, Clinic Staff, and MAH sales/tech services to ensure on time delivery, and accurate prescription orders.
- Responsible for ongoing communications with Veterinarians, Clinic Staff, and sales/tech services to effectively manage orders in process, inventory on hand, backorders, and product allocations to achieve Best in Class Customer Service.
- Assist Technical Services and Veterinary Analysts and perform sequence data entry and analysis relative to new and/or existing Account opportunities, investigations, customer inquiries, and complaint resolutions.
- Maintain and update our company systems regarding all communications with Accounts.
- Direct customer inquiries and partner with sales/tech services to address customer specific issues
- Fills in for sales team members that are absent from territory, ready to move into field sales as opportunity and fit arise
- Developmental role for US Swine Sales Organization
- Maintain open communication between RP vaccine manufacturing team to prioritize orders, and help to ensure on-time, cost effective, and accurate delivery of RP vaccine.
- Manage customer orders, schedules, prescriptions, prescription agreements, and understand ordering levels and patterns
- Resolve shipping issues, manage problem resolution, process free goods, credits, debits, and understand order minimums and product shipping and storage requirements
- Act as point of contact for international orders relative to shipping point and work with logistics and warehouse team to coordinate accurate shipment packing, documentation, and delivery
- Ensure that customers receive a high level of customer service while maintaining compliance to our Animal Health’s terms and conditions of sale, laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provide customers and/or sales/tech services with required documentation to ensure that systems are adequately set up to facilitate efficient ordering and all required documentation is accurate and on file.
- Act as liaison between customers and our company’s internal organizations (Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Warehouse, Finance, Credit, etc.) to address key operational issues
- Maintain a high level proficiency in SAP, variant configuration, and other relevant systems and applications
- Manage ad hoc projects assigned by management
- Performs other duties as needed relating to our company’s Animal Health site activities
Minimum Education Requirement:
- B.S./B.A. degree required; preferably in agriculture, particularly animal agriculture or agribusiness
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service capacity
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including creating databases and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Strong business judgement and decision making ability
- Excellent team player
- Attention to detail for the purposes of compliance with USDA 9CFR and USDA licensed products
- 25% Travel is required for working directly with sales/tech services in the field, as well as attending various internal meetings and industry events
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Customer service experience with Key Account customers
- Knowledge of SAP, particularly the Order to Cash components
- Experience in agriculture production, particularly food animal production
- Fluent in Spanish
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers,
animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: Yes
Number of Openings:1
View page here