The Senior Technical Support Engineer (STSE) is responsible for responding to customer issues across our Wdesk and Wdata platforms. This position will ensure customer issues are managed through to completion, finding advanced and efficient methods to solve for future occurrences, identifying ways to remove the issue from reoccurring, and training and mentoring other support engineers. An STSE is the subject-matter expert and technical expert for both commercial and technical applications. This skillset enables them to own escalations with executive-role customers; while representing Customer Support and Workiva as industry experts and leaders in the field.
- Support customers by providing technical and functional expertise over the phone, chat, case management and in customer meetings.
- Manage support escalations as the highest escalation level before moving to product or technical engineering teams
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every customer
- Obtain moderate to high experience in networking, infrastructure or other technical troubleshooting domains
- Serve as Point of Contact for incident management support
- Review proposed ideas or workflows being introduced into case management
- Provide a high quality customer experience to produce or maintain raving fans
- Represent support in functional product meetings or projects which align with products which you manage with expertise
- Work with Customer Success, Professional Services, and all tiers of support to solve problems or identify opportunities – act as the POC for support
- Operate as a domain expert in Wdesk/Wdata and build with scale subject-matter expertise amongst groups of technical support engineers
- Work directly with escalation points in Customer Success to engage with Engineering/Development and Product Management
- Train and mentor other engineers on the team – create accountability and professionalism within the team
- Assist with the growth of the team by contributing to interview and candidate assessment
- Facilitate ticket reviews for support team – making suggestions on improvements areas of opportunity
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 4+ years experience in a support/service role for a financial services company or technical support organization
- Previous experience in one of the following fields is preferred: accounting and finance, SaaS Software Support, database end user support, System and/or network administration.
- Experience working with product management or product development in a software company
- Experience with technical systems such as Splunk, Jira, Confluence, AWS Services, or Zendesk required
- Intermediate experience with one or more of the following technologies required:
- Database technologies, e.g.:
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, PostgresSQL, RedShift
- Programming interfaces and API technologies e.g.:
- Restful API, SOAP, WSDL and OpenAPI spec
- Including a basic understanding of XML/JSON and their structures
- Script languages e.g.:
- Python, Java, Node .js, PowerShell, .BAT/Shell, Perl
- Ability to multitask and manage the changing priorities and customer requirements of a support role
- Aptitude and proven ability to achieve proficiency within multiple products or technologies – specifically around database administration and query languages, network administration/security, or development coding languages.
- Consistently follows protocol and can be trusted with elevated account level permissions and access
- Self-motivated and accountable to results – ability to train others to demonstrate these same characteristics
- Able to allow for contingencies, prioritize multiple and potentially overlapping customer requirements
- Proven ability to meet established timelines and service level agreements
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service with ability to identify customer needs and expectations and respond in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to understand needs for system logs and system reports and can work with engineering and operations to build new tools and reports to improve troubleshooting
- Up to 10% travel
Read more here.