What You’ll Do
1. Translate customer needs into detailed control system requirements.
2. Lead the definition, analysis, and allocation of requirements across the various engineering areas of large and highly complex systems.
3. Develop the high-level system architecture and perform trade-off analysis for design approaches for platforms and systems of systems.
4. Plan machine-level system integration and testing approaches and procedures both virtually and physically.
5. Provide technical leadership for highly complex cross-functional development projects.
What We’re Looking For
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in the field of Systems, Software, Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical, or Aerospace and 12 years of product development experience in software, electronics, hydraulics, system and/or machine controls design. Engineering master’s degree preferred. 16 years of product development experience without engineering degree.
– Expert in developing electronic/hydraulic/mechanical control systems and control theory.
– Proficient in system engineering methods, modeling, and ability to mentor broader team.
– Strong data-based decision analysis via structure methods (decision, Pugh and trade space analysis) is essential.
– Lead and mentor system Integration and verification planning and execution.
– Proficient in advanced troubleshooting skills, and root cause analysis utilizing FMEA, 8d’s, and 6 sigma tools.
– Expertise and technical leader with model-based system design and agile software development.
– Extensive experience with MATLAB/Simulink, SYSML, Jira, and Dassault 3D Experience.
– In-depth knowledge of J1939 multiplexed communication and diagnostic protocols.
– Strong understanding of industry best practices and standards on system engineering.
– Utilizes solid communication skills with ablity to traverse from low details to broad system context based on needs of audience.