At Workiva, we want a diverse mix of talented engineers who are product builders. If you don’t want to settle for “just doing the ticket”, and if you want to be empowered to change the product to solve customer problems, you’ll love it here. The technologies you know before-hand, or the technologies you leverage while solving problems, matter less than making software that real people enjoy using.
We’re an agile team committed to maintaining a positive, safe, supportive, and results driven team culture. We routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We’re committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we’re delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a web application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS. The technology is a detail – we are confident that engineers can and will learn.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team’s deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva’s teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here. Senior Engineers also play the important role of developing and mentoring less experienced engineers.
*Open to Remote OR in one of offices Ames, IA; Scottsdale, AZ; Denver, CO; Bozeman, MT; Missoula, MT; Chicago, IL; Charleston, SC
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver and document team or group level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your group’s products, components, and solutions; involve external stakeholders (Ex. Security, Architecture) where appropriate
- Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc) with Wdesk solutions in mind
- Debug and troubleshoot components across multiple service and application contexts
- Engage with support teams in triaging and resolving production issues
- Estimate (or assist in estimating) work at a team or project level
- Participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- Establish key metrics to identify problems, suggest solutions, and drive resolution.
- Mentor other engineers both technically and culturally
- Communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- May participate in Architecture Guilds related to their taxonomy group
- May lead interns
- May also perform one or more of the following roles at various times: Tech Lead and/or Architect
What You’ll Need
- Minimum two years related experience, typical five years
- Demonstrated expertise in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Expertise debugging complex systems or applications
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Mobile computing, relational databases, database design, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Experience building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience as a technical mentor preferred
- Experience leading projects or teams preferred
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- B.S./M.S. in CS/SE/EE/CE/related field or equivalent experience
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Up to 20% travel
- May require after-hours support to resolve critical customer issues
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $106,000 – $153,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Apply through the link below: https://workiva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Scottsdale/Senior-Software-Engineer_R1515-2