We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Frontend Frameworks – Architecture Team. Together we’ll build the frontend web frameworks that empower our product teams to deliver new fit for purpose products fast at scale. Experience with React based web development is required. Dart language or microfrontend architecture experience is a plus.
Owns well-defined product features, products or systems from beginning to end
What You’ll Do
- Deliver and document team or group level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your group’s products, components, and solutions; involve external stakeholders (Ex. Security, Architecture) where appropriate
- Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc) with Wdesk solutions in mind
- Debug and troubleshoot components across multiple service and application contexts
- Engage with support teams in triaging and resolving production issues
- Estimate (or assist in estimating) work at a team or project level
- Participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- Establish key metrics to identify problems, suggest solutions, and drive resolution.
- Mentor other engineers both technically and culturally
- Communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- May participate in Architecture Guilds related to their taxonomy group
- May lead interns
May also perform one or more of the following roles at various times:
- Role: Technical Lead
- Role: Architect
What You’ll Need
- Minimum two years related experience, typical five years
- Demonstrated expertise in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Expertise debugging complex systems or applications
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Mobile computing, relational databases, database design, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services. Knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Experience building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience as a technical mentor preferred
- Experience leading projects or teams preferred
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- B.S./M.S. in CS/SE/EE/CE/related field or equivalent experience
- Up to 10% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- May require after-hours support to resolve critical customer issues
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $106,000 – $153,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best – either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.