This software engineer primarily develops Azure-based API services. These services handle genetic animal data, animal registrations, health information, and animal quality. This engineer works with cross-functional teams including business leaders, data scientists, industry experts, and application software engineers. Learning and understanding the commercial objectives is essential, as one will translate the requirements for development, testing, and implementation. One must be able to work with internal and external business stakeholders to refine requirements, develop prototypes with test cases, and deploy to production environments. Responding to urgent issues in production is not a primary occupation, but is a key requirement on occasion. Establishing and maintaining protocols for efficient storage and communication is essential for long-term viability of this code and the connected projects. Quality considerations include checking data integrity, ensuring data completeness, avoiding redundancy, and accurate adaptation between data models. Expertise in database design, REST APIs, Azure cloud technology, and data mapping is critical. Other duties include preparing documentation and technical specifications to describe project design. The successful candidate can balance the need for collaboration with independent effort to ensure timely delivery of business needs.
The major duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in Azure platform API development.
- Designing and developing Azure API and associated databases.
- Designing and developing Azure systems for specific uses cases.
- Including automated test cases and collaborating with API consumers for acceptance testing.
- Providing architecture design and work with other system architects.
- Designing systems to move large datasets.
- Generating proofs of concept and providing input on novel ways of handing data movement.
- Understanding commercial objectives, requirements, workflows, and key deliverables for new or revised products and services.
- Documenting details of API endpoints and parameters.
- Working across time zones in support of global business units and development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing enterprise solutions and architecture.
- Demonstrated skills in documenting solutions.
- 3 or more years of developing APIs and databases within Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Experience with most of the following tools:
- .NET Core 3.1
- Entity Framework Core
- MVC Architecture / N-Tier Architecture
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure App Services
- Azure API Management Service
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Notification Hubs
- Azure Functions
- Azure Storage Accounts
- NewtonSoft JSON
- Ability to manage and mentor junior level engineers