The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) owns the effort of utilizing, implementing, and developing tooling, infrastructure, and processes to support all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle for Workiva software products. This position is embedded within an agile development team focused on continuous integration and deployment.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in solution testing, writing code for automated test frameworks, and contributing to team projects with a “Customer First” quality perspective
- Drive improvement and innovation for existing tools, solutions, and processes
- Drive personal and team engagement with load, scale, and performance testing
- Mentor junior-level engineers and interns in test tool creation, implementation, and best practices
- Participate in discovery activities for quality improvement with internal consumers and stakeholders, working cross-team as necessary
- Use analytics, telemetry, and quality metrics to drive an understanding of and response to user needs
- Assist in estimating work at a team or project level
- Develop, deliver, document, and teach team or group level testing/tooling solutions
- Participate in Architecture Guilds as needed
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to pivot between projects and assist in multiple areas
- Ability to successfully stay up-to-date in changing environments
- Ability to learn new technologies when appropriate
- Knowledge of/experience with testing applications, distributed systems, and backends
- Experience building one or more of unit, integration, or functional user acceptance tests
- 3 years QA, Test Engineering, or SW Development experience
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
- Experience using Selenium, Puppeteer or other automated testing tools
- Experience as a technical mentor
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Experience with contract, performance, load, or chaos testing
- Less than 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $123,000 – $164,000
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.