Our Information Security team provides the mission-critical functionality, availability, and security required by our customers, both internal and external. The Senior Security Engineer is a member of the Workiva Red Team. Possessing strong initiative and communication skills, knowledge of best security practices, and experience developing in a variety of environments and languages, the Senior Security Engineer performs software development, security assessment, vulnerability testing, and continuous security improvement methods to maintain a strong and ethical center for Workiva. At this level and above, expectation is that each individual will serve as representative of InfoSec and make building relationships a priority.
*We are open to 100% remote or one of our main office locations: Ames, IA; Bozeman, MT; Denver, CO; Scottsdale, AZ
- Tightly integrate with Research & Development teams to remedy security findings in a timely fashion
- Develop tools to assist with security and compliance tasks
- Perform continual vulnerability testing of web application, physical, network, and personnel security to identify weaknesses
- Guide remediation of vulnerabilities before they are discovered by external parties
- Act as an internal security consultant for development and architecture decisions
- Encourage a security-conscious culture among developers and information technology staff
- Guide remediation of vulnerabilities identified by external assessments or customers
Continuous Security Improvement
- Recommend new security controls to remedy vulnerabilities
- Integrate with Development teams to gather information regarding security problems, issues, and ideas
- Assist with developing and implementing Intrusion Detection System (IDS) rules and alerts
- Monitor IDS and other toolsets to identify potential security issues
- Triage and respond to incoming security events
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated capability to influence own team or beyond
- Demonstrated proficiency in a range of tools, language, or technologies; or a deep proficiency in a given area
- Demonstrated assertiveness and ability to form and defend technical opinions
- 5+ years of software coding experience in an object-oriented language (Python and/or Go a plus)
- 3+ years of vulnerability and penetration testing experience preferred
- Experience completing projects with minimal supervision
- Experience developing and tracking metrics related to performance of the InfoSec program
- Information security-related certification a plus
- Less than 15% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Most of the time is spent operating a computer with opportunity to move about, walking the location to interact with employees
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $111,000 – $140,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.