We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, we are currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer SPR – Conditioning in Ames, IA.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
• Enabling customer satisfaction and driving productivity, seed quality, sustainability, and safety across seeds sites thru project management, technical support, digital analytics, and employment of best practices and processes.
• Supporting all technologies related to post-harvesting seed processing steps: husking, drying, shelling, cleaning, sizing, treating, packaging, and quality testing
• Collaboration with Seeds Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing and Seed Care to define strategic priority projects.
• Manage projects through the stage gate process (proof of concept, pilot, scale up) using agile methodology.
• Support Seeds Operations productivity initiatives through design of experiments and/or data analysis and reporting. Develop and support financial and/or business case impact of process improvements.
• Be a digital analytics ambassador and enable data driven decisions.
• Support Seeds Operations and collaborate with Engineering through the development and implementation of strategic seeds conditioning initiatives (e.g.: automation, digitalization).
• Process Modelling for site expansion or major capex changes (e.g.: conditioning upgrades, optic sorting, etc.).
• Support operations in troubleshooting when there has been a significant deviation in either throughput, yield, quality, or safety
• Lead or support Root Cause Analysis (RCA) associated to corn, soybean and/or sunflowers seeds conditioning sites
• Ensure new technologies and/or seed conditioning improvements are fully HSE compliance. Build awareness of the HSE consequences of process changes & the importance of risk assessment (workplace, PRA, MoC’s, etc.)
• Technology scouting maintaining awareness of competitive development and new technologies related to seeds conditioning to ensure improvement opportunities are identified
• Develop and maintain communication with technology experts within and outside of Syngenta (e.g.: R&D, CP, Universities, Suppliers, Consultants), and build partnership when opportunities are identified and agreed with key Seeds Operations stakeholders
• Train Seeds Operations personnel on seed conditioning and seed treatment. Support technical handover of new treatment product introductions from Seed Care to the production sites
• Bachelor’s degree in Ag Engineering preferred or relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of seed conditioning, seed treatment, seed quality and factors that affect quality.
• Thorough understanding of experimental design, statistical analysis, and digital analytics.
• Lean Six Sigma and cross functional project management.
• Ability to motivate and share knowledge and expertise with others.
• Ability to drive project execution through others and in areas of technology outside core competence.
• Able to maintain and extend structured networks.
• Able to follow and comply with all Syngenta and OSHA safety procedures.
• Ability to collaborate across boundaries working with a diverse work force.
• Role requires travel in the USA.
• Requires occasional lifting of up to 60 pounds during the physically demanding growing season.
• Exposure to inclement weather conditions while working outside.
• 60% of work performed in standard office; 40% of work performed at production locations or meetings.