Lumos Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to develop new therapies for people with rare diseases, prioritizing its focus where the medical need is high, and the pathophysiology is clear. We are committed to this mission and a strategy that is grounded upon time and cost-efficient drug development to deliver safe and effective therapies to patients.
The Senior Manager, SEC and Financial Reporting will report to the VP of Finance & Corporate Controller and will work very closely with the Director of Accounting to manage our finance department, build a strong financial team, and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams, including budget versus actual reports and variance analysis.
- Support Finance leadership with Annual and Long Range Budget modeling and manage periodic forecast updates
- Oversees the preparation, review and coordination of SEC quarterly and annual financials and quarterly reports to ensure accurate and complete financials and disclosures. Works closely with Manager of Legal Affairs and SEC Reporting to coordinate all SEC filings.
- Responsible for the accounting of share-based compensation awards and coordination with the Manager of Legal Affairs and SEC Reporting for new equity awards and any modifications of existing awards. Coordinates with Company’s third-party software services team to ensure accurate and complete reporting of share-based compensation.
- Responsible for researching and developing solutions to the VP of Finance for technical accounting matters, including implementation of new accounting policies and standards.
- Manages the coordination and preparation of the income tax provision and tax compliance filings for review by outside consultants.
- Ensure accounting operational objectives are achieved by preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality standards, resolving problems, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly accounting records are accounted for in accordance with GAAP. Research the proper accounting treatment for financial transactions as needed and ensure accounting methods and policies are consistently followed.
- Accomplishes accounting and company mission by completing results as needed.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Lead, manage, mentor and train finance team to develop a cohesive and high-functioning finance department.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Manages work related to internal and external audit or requests to ensure timely SEC filings and reports over the effectiveness of internal controls. Oversees the internal audit engagement to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls for financial reporting.
- Each employee is responsible for financial and compliance controls as they relate to their roles. For example, being fiscally responsible in purchase decisions and completing compliance training in the time frames specified.
- Analytical Skills – Use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy – Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Relationship Building – Effectively develop and maintain relationships and networks with others.
- Communication, Oral – Communicate effectively with others.
- Communication, Written – Communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Innovative – Look beyond the standard solutions.
- Priorities – Prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results in a dynamic work environment.
- Process Oriented – Manage a process and maintain expected deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Accounting or Finance
- 3 to 5 plus years of experience in a leadership role in accounting
- Experience within public accounting
- Microsoft Office Suite, Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, NetSuite ERP experience is a plus but not required
Certifications & Licenses:
- CPA with 3-5 years of public accounting experience, 1-2 years of industry experience is a plus
This position can work remote or from an office environment.