The Senior Manager of External Communications is a writer, creator, collaborator and public relations expert, who is responsible for advancing Workiva’s brand awareness and visibility across global markets. This role will develop strategic public announcements, support a global awards and recognition program, and earn media coverage in local, trade, national and international print and online publications that position Workiva and our platform as the simplifiers of complex work. The Senior Manager will be a persuasive and creative story teller who will work across the organization to find and tell phenomenal stories, and guide internal teams to create campaigns that elevate Workiva as an innovative, global SaaS company focused on simplifying our customers’ most complex work
- Support the Company’s strategic, financial and vertical business objectives through all available PR channels, including traditional media relations, influencers, content creators, social channels, etc.
- Create and manage strategic campaigns that position the Workiva platform as the world’s leading platform for simplifying complex work.
- Lead teams within the company to create PR opportunities that build our company, brand and products from ideation through execution.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local, regional, trade, and national media outlets to secure high-quality media coverage of the Company and its activities.
- Develop and maintain original content across Workiva’s external communications channels, including the Company website, social sites and newsroom.
- Execute and deliver communications campaigns with clear goals and measurable results.
- Prepare public relations monthly business reports, sharing insights, opportunities and course corrections to keep business performance on track.
- Work with other members of the Global Communications Team to integrate messaging across external, internal, and social channels to ensure consistency.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 6+ years of Public Relations experience working directly with the media; proven experience developing and executing effective communications campaigns that drive awareness among targeted stakeholders.
- Experience with product and brand launches
- Experience in strategic marketing measurement & measurement of communication effectiveness
- Experience in B2B in an agency setting preferred
- Senior strategist with the ability to make decisions and execute across all available PR messaging channels including social media and other digital channels
- A very strong writer/storyteller with a track record of crafting compelling stories for B2B technology brands
- Solid understanding of the tech industry also preferred
- Current national business media relationships strongly preferred
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator; ability to clearly articulate key messages and distill technical concepts
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Read more here.