The Senior IT Project Manager will lead medium to large-scale business systems implementations and technology deployment efforts. This role is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business areas. The Senior IT Project Manager will also manage resources, schedules and budgets, and adhere to stage gate quality and software development life cycle (SDLC) control guidelines. This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Partner with internal Procurement team during software acquisition phase to develop scope, initial requirements, resource plan and establish relationship with selected vendor
- Develop comprehensive project charters which define the scope, objectives, success factors, deliverables, and resource requirements aligning to enterprise strategies
- Set project goals and define performance criteria such as quality standards, deadlines and cost requirements
- Establish realistic goals and implement action plans for achieving set objectives
- Work closely with System and Business Analysts to develop detailed business requirements
- Develop detailed project plans that identify tasks, timelines, dependencies, critical path items, resource requirements, etc.
- Communicate with project and/or resource managers and team members to keep them informed on changes, needs, issues in project operations
- Proactively track project-related issues and risks and develop mitigation plans
- Continuously monitor the health of projects and escalate issues and challenges as required
- Lead project meetings and status reporting sessions
- Manage vendor resources as outlined in contracts, including review and approval of invoices
- Actively manage project scope and any necessary change management activities
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery
- Provide executive level communication regarding project health
- Act as coach to motivate and mentor project team to achieve set objectives
- Leads and/or assists with both internal and external dispute resolution to protect Workiva’s best interests
- May act as Program Manager as needs arise
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Related fields may include Business or IT-related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- Strong organizational skills, conflict resolution/problem-solving skills, and detail orientated
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision-making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement
- Ability to manage projects according to company priorities and strategies over individual needs
- 5+ years’ experience managing IT projects, including a minimum of 3 years managing medium-scale IT Business System implementations
- Experience implementing CRM, HRIS and/or ERP applications; cloud or on-premise-based deployments
- Prior experience with project management planning tools
- A thorough understanding of Software Development and Project Life Cycle management methodologies and controls
- Six Sigma or other related continuous improvement methodology experience is preferred
- PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification a plus
- Agile/Scrum methodology or certification experience a plus
- Up to 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- Must be available to work periodically weekends and off-hours for on-site or off-site deployment support
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.