- Accountable for operational excellence including program reviews, feasibility, cost-benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, and execution based on prioritized strategy and initiatives for functional area technology stack
- Identify and balance major program constraints including cost, scope, schedule, risk, quality, resources, and stakeholder satisfaction
- Specialize in leading teams through the formulation and execution of program plans and organizational change initiatives
- Owns program and delivery management responsibility for multiple strategies and initiatives, projects
- Develops processes and tools that encourage continuous process or performance improvements
- Provides program and relationship management
- Develops business and operational processes that improve efficiency and meets stakeholder needs
- Manages all aspects of program execution to satisfy requirements
- Plans, monitors and manages to avoid specification shortfalls, budget overruns, scheduling errors and situations that may require emergency management
- Works with stakeholders to determine the success of each program and subsequently plans for implementation of successful programs and discontinuing unsuccessful efforts
- Networks with stakeholders to build cross-functional relationships to further build, define and execute strategies and initiatives
- Provides transparency with metrics regularly communicated to Executives and/or Leadership
- Establishes strong relationships and partnerships internally
- Collaborate across functional teams to identify programs, projects and resource needs
- May act as Project Manager for program efforts and/or needs, which includes being accountable for the entire project scope, the project team and resources, the project budget and management of all stakeholder needs and communications
- Identify and create development and training opportunities to support employee and project success
- Serves as coach and advisor to facilitate discussion and resolve conflict
- May coach and mentor IT PMO team members
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of Program and Project Management frameworks
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Ability to manage multiple programs at once
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Solid financial management skills
- Initiative to start programs and/or projects with little or no information and drive to see to fruition
- Teamwork oriented and can thrive working alongside many different perspectives to get things done
- Understanding of the implementation partner model within a SaaS organization
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, continuously evolving environment with the ability to prioritize accordingly
- Effective negotiator and creative problem solver who can build consensus and drive results in partnership with stakeholders from individual contributors to executive leadership
- Can lead through influence, partnering with globally distributed, cross-functional teams to achieve a shared goal
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- 7+ years of program management experience
- PgMP or PMP certification preferred
- A thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Organizational Change Management and/or Digital Transformation experience preferred
- Strong business background, with significant SaaS application experience and exposure to business process management
- Prior experience managing large scale, global initiatives
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a high-growth, enterprise tech company
- Six Sigma or other related continuous improvement methodology experience preferred
- Prior experience managing sales and/or accounting based technology stacks is preferred
- Up to 10%
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $135,000- $182,000
- Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.