The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst (Sr IT BSA) leads planning and management of requirements needs related to Information Technology projects. The Sr IT BSA is embedded within the IT Project Management team, working to identify business requirements and project scope, product requirements and solution design specifications, and testing plans. The Sr IT BSA has both business acumen and technical skills, serving as the bridge, connecting business needs with technical solutions.
- Planning and Monitoring: Define the overall BSA approach for the initiative, plan the BSA activities and deliverables, and monitor and govern requirements definition throughout the project, measuring and tracking quality of BSA work.
- Enterprise Analysis: Perform current state analysis on the business domain and its supporting system(s) for more complex projects; perform impact analysis, identifying interacting processes, people, systems (applications; data movement & data centralization technologies); and understand pain points, identifying areas for process improvement and desired future state.
- Solution Evaluation: Support the vendor evaluation and selection process, collaborating with Business, Procurement and IT Risk and Compliance throughout the procurement process. Support testing throughout execution, UAT and deployment, ensuring solution meets business needs and delivers value.
- Requirements Elicitation and Collaboration: Gather information, prepare for and conduct requirements elicitation & design sessions, and confirm the results obtained.
- Requirements Definition and Solution Design: Produce High-Level Requirements document and System Design Specifications, using a model-driven approach to communicate requirements from various perspectives – business, functional, data, system, integration.
- Requirements Lifecycle Management: Manage requirements from inception to retirement, ensuring traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle. Support the prioritization of requirements, based on business value and risk. Manage the requirements review and approval process, facilitating review sessions and validating requirements meet business needs and is understood by delivery teams. Support the change control process, performing change impact analysis and gaining consensus on proposed changes to requirements and solution design.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Proficient in the following Requirements Techniques
- Process Modeling
- Feature Modeling
- Data Modeling
- Data Dictionary
- Business Rules Analysis
- Use Cases and Scenarios
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Interface Analysis
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Data Mapping
- Supporting Tools (or similar tools)
- Google Suite (Gmail, calendar, sheet, drive, docs, slides), Confluence, draw.io, Jira, Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners at varying levels of the organization
- Solid verbal and written skills to translate business needs and requirements
- Advanced analytical skills with ability to develop insights and draw conclusions beyond what is readily apparent
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making
- Strong interest in leveraging technology, tools and process improvements to develop innovative solutions and drive continuous improvement
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement
- Ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines, organizational goals, and initiatives
- Ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- 5+ years of experience on medium-large scale initiatives with cross-functional teams, executed using various SDLC methodologies – waterfall, incremental/iterative, agile.
- Past project experience leading the analysis and management of requirements for complex projects, including business process improvement, system migration, commercially available software implementation, data migration/conversion, cloud migration, and reporting and analytics.
- SaaS experience and working in a cloud environment.
- Up to 10% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.