The Senior Director of Sales Operations is responsible for the productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. The role directs and leads functions essential to sales force productivity, such as: sales process optimization, order management process, sales systems and automation, business planning, reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience across these functional areas, working in a dynamic and growing environment, preferably in a publicly-traded technology/SaaS firm.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a diverse, professional, responsive operations team focused on supporting our sales organization to drive growth and achieve business goals.
- Partner with senior sales management and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Streamline the order management process to support transaction volume and drive accuracy
- Manage the Deal Desk function of order management, deal structuring, and sales support
- Lead projects and initiatives to improve enabling technologies in support of sales productivity, including the selection, implementation and continuous improvement of a Configure, Price Quote (CPQ) solution to meet the requirements of a complex order management process.
- Build a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provide employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities including leadership development to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance
- Maintain an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision
- Match staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance
- Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction
- Establish and maintain relationships and effectively communicates with peers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, performance management, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Demonstrate the charisma and assessment capability to attract top talent
- Identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts and resource issues
What You’ll Need
- Proven experience in the following functional areas: order management, deal structuring, forecasting/planning, incentive compensation, CRM/CPQ deployment and ongoing support, reporting and analytics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels and in various departments
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Technical capacity- attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to collect and analyze data to influence performance and process improvement
- Ability to build internal and external relationships, partnerships and business development
- Experience: 10+ Years of progressive Sales Operations experience in a high growth technology company
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Travel Requirement: up to 20% for internal meetings, training, and other requirements as needed
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here