The Senior Director of Platform Operations will be responsible for the Workiva incident management process, ensuring resolution of critical incidents within Workiva’s platform and permanent solutions through root cause analysis. This role will provide operational support and help develop and execute a strategy to optimize the investigation, communication, containment, and remediation of critical incidents. This role will also work to develop, and then lead large, pre-planned, projects to assure that Workiva Platform Operations department improves the reliability, quality, and availability of Workiva’s platform as a whole. The Senior Director of Platform Operations regularly works with operational and executive leadership and must be able to operate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. A successful candidate will have previous experience in delivering support or incident management in a global customer base during critical incidents. The scope of this work is very broad. The team member will encounter a variety of challenges, and work with a variety of both technical and non-technical teams, creating broad opportunities to learn and develop new skills, whether you are starting out or have extensive operational experience.
- Program management of Incident Management Process at Workiva.
- Leading incident response including cross-team collaboration and management for the successful response to high severity incidents, including executive, internal, and external communication channels.
- Recommend appropriate remediation, mitigating, or preventative action items based on findings from incidents and investigations.
- Creating, communicating, and executing the incident response strategy and actions for individual incidents and incident practices as a whole with an eye to continuous improvement.
- Track longer term remediation items identified from incidents and ensure they are followed through to completion.
- Work across teams to identify and enhance our Incident Response processes, tooling, and documentation.
- Escalating, prioritizing, communicating, and coordinating high severity incidents ensuring adherence to the company’s incident response process.
- Ensuring execution of the incident resolution process, with transparent communication that drives very high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Determine key metrics for evaluating on the health and efficiency of the Incident Response process.
- Leading cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution.
- Rotating on-call work is required.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years experience in the Information Security, Information Technology, or Software Development fields, with experience working in software development preferred, including operational security monitoring or incident response experience.
- 5+ years managing, coordinating, and ensuring resolution of security or software issues
- Prior experience in a 24x7x365 operations environment.
- Experience leading and responding to complex critical incidents security, availability, or customer experience incidents.
- Knowledge of key program management tools and methodologies (e.g. Jira, Smartsheet, Agile/Scrum practices, etc.)
- Familiarity with key regulations and standards relating to security incident response (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR, ISO 27001)
- Ability to stand back from a complex problem, logically assess the facts, and formulate a plan of action.
- Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant, Cloud environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent customer relations skills with experience working with teams across multiple time zones.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to build and grow relationships with incident response stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $177,000 – $223,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.